Resources on Archetypal Cosmology & Astrology
- Archetypal Explorer is a fantastic resource for learning more about the transformative practice of tracking your own, and the world’s, planetary transits. I cannot recommend this platform highly enough. If you want an awesome online resource for checking into your personal astro weather-report from the archetypal astrological tradition this is it.
- Cosmos and Psyche, the website of Dr. Richard Tarnas, author of Cosmos and Psyche: Intimations of a New World View, and The Passion of the Western Mind: Understanding the Ideas that have Shaped our World View, as well as co-founder of the Philosophy, Cosmology, and Consciousness program at CIIS.
- The Philosophy, Cosmology, and Consciousness graduate program at the California Institute of Integral Studies. This is the graduate program that introduced me to archetypal cosmology and where I’m now working on my doctoral degree while also serving as Program Coordinator.
- Archai: the Journal of Archetypal Cosmology is a fantastic resource for scholarly articles on the unique subject of archetypal cosmology. Archai is available in both print and Kindle formats.
- There is a seldom considered link between the Tarnas lineage of archetypal astrology and the lineage of Stanislav Grof, MD, PhD, and his life’s work of research into non-ordinary states of consciousness. In his new two-volume book, The Way of the Psychonaut: Encyclopedia for Inner Journeys, Stan Grof asked Richard Tarnas to compose an epilogue detailing the origins of this astrological lineage in line with the research into non-ordinary states at Esalen in the 1970’s. The Way of the Psychonaut is well-worth reading on its own but I also highly recommend Rick Tarnas’ epilogue particularly for those interested in the link between archetypal astrology and its usefulness with therapies involving non-ordinary states of consciousness.